What’s Coming to Fortnite Season 6?
Fortnite Season 6 – What’s Coming
As Season 5 in Fortnite winds down, many are asking what will happen in Season 6. Will the Fortnite map be drastically different? What is the FNBR Season 6 theme going to be?
In Season 5 of Fortnite, we saw the introduction of Drift and Ragnarok skins along with new locations such as the Viking ship, Paradise Palms, Tomato Temple, Dusty Diner and Lazy Links. Towards the end of Season 5, you had the introduction in Fortnite of the mysterious purple Cube, which has disrupted the map in many places, including leaving runes as well as cutting a path across Wailing Woods. Are the runes clues to what will be happening or just some kind of systematic scheme to generate interest? If I had to guess, they serve a purpose, will these runes lead to or are they giving clues to something big, that is the question.
As we now know, the Cube has melted turning Look Lake in a gigantic Magnetic Field. Season 5 introduced many new items, weapons such as the heavy sniper, various rarities of the Bolt sniper, the compressed AR, a new gold rarity, the double barrel, shockwave grenade and grappler to name a few. Consumables such as the Port-A-Fortress, Rift to Go, and in playground play Spikey Stadium and balloons. High Stakes, a new game play mode in Fortnite was introduced towards the end of the season.
Fortnite Season 6 Leaks
As for Season 6 in Fortnite, I’m guessing there will most likely be 4-6 different locations on the map and the removal or updating of at least 4 current. Again this is pure speculation on my end. Some of the locations I believe will be changing are highlighted in yellow below.
We’ve heard rumors of a new Lava Lake which would change the dynamic of the Season 6 FNBR map and game play. I’m guessing a new location will be on the edge of the map, similar to what Epic Games did in Season 5 with Lazy Links, I’m thinking something happens to Lucky Landing. It seams that traffic is pretty low in the South end of the map, that being Flush Factory and Lucky Landing. I’ve also heard the Fortnite gamer, Ali-A, mention something about adding a whole new game play environment on one spectrum of the map, the introduction of an Ice / Artic play. I’m guessing this would happen near the current location of the Viking ship and would be a play off the Ragnarok, White-out, Getaway and Artic skins and would be advantageous of buyers of those skins because of their ability to blend into the Artic / Ice environment.
[td_block_video_youtube playlist_title=”Season 6 Fortnite Leaks” playlist_yt=”q2wihdyPnJ0″ playlist_auto_play=”0″]
Dusty Diner / Dusty Divot
It’s yet to be seen, but recently the addition of Dusty Diner has added some interest to the middle of the map, I’m thinking there will be some big changes here in Season 6. Also there seems to be a large volcanic rock in the magnetic field area to the Southwest of Dusty this would maybe point to the Volcano / Lava theme and is close enough to make sense with the Lava Lake speculation.
Wailing Woods / Tomato Temple Area
A new update in the Wailing Woods area would be a great improvement and create some interest in this area of the map. Tomato Temple was introduced near the end of Season 5 and added some interest and heavy traffic especially with the various Season 5 ending challenges but improvement in this area of the map would be beneficial. Wailing Woods saw the Cube cut a path in the west area of the woods so I wouldn’t be surprised to see Epic Games add something new in this location.
FNBR Loot Lake / Cube Melting Changes
This is pretty much a given per se, but I think changes will occur in this location especially after the Cube ended up melting into Loot Lake and turning it into a magnetic field / “Bouncy Lake”. As previously mentioned, we’ve heard the whole “Lava Lake”, etc but I think something early this week will be leaked by Epic Games to surprise us all.
Season 6 Audio / Tactical Spatial Audio Updates
We know for sure one thing will be coming to Season 6, Spatial Audio Updates, these were mentioned on September 21st and include the following:
Season 6 – v6.00
- Footstep sounds
- More contrast between above/below steps.
- We want this to be easier to determine on the fly, especially while other sounds are playing (gunfire, harvesting, etc).
- More high frequency audio content to improve your ability to pinpoint the location of steps, and to prevent them from getting drowned out during intense combat.
- Glider audio tells
- Increased awareness when an enemy is gliding in your vicinity.
- Doppler-based glider audio for incoming threats. This will create that “car passing by” effect when a player glides over top of you.
- Improved spatialization of both skydiving and gliding players.
- Ability to hear the open/close sounds of gliders from further away.
During Season 6
- A system to add audio tells for in-air movement options (falling, Bouncers, Shockwave Grenades, etc).
- In Fortnite there are a lot of options for players who want to send themselves flying through the air. We want to add sound to players as they fly.
- This will provide additional tactical information and reduce cases where a player launches behind you without you knowing it.
- Better info to help you predict where your enemy may approach from.
- Discover and address cases where sounds don’t play at all.
- Due to the chaotic nature of the game, sometimes important cues fail to play or are lost in the mix. We’re working on identifying and fixing cases where this occurs.
Fortnite Season 5 Finals Days / Coming to an End
Season 5 has been great, many new changes to the map such as Lazy Links and Paradise Palms. The Season 5 introduction in Fortnite of different LTM modes such as “High Stakes / The Getaway” and “Solid Gold” LTM have been fun and kept game play fresh. As always, the FNBR skins have been solid and it’s great how Epic Games incorporates these skins into game play and new modes, always keeping the theme interesting. Fortnite Battle Royale Season 5, saw the introduction of many new weapons such as the Drum / Tommy Gun, Heavy Sniper, Rifts-To-Go, the grappler and the new Port-A-Fortress, to mention a few. I can’t wait for Season 6, it’s been a fun Season 5.