Fortnite Battle Royale v6.10 Patch and Updates
Epic Games, has just released its v6.10 patch, which is now live. With this new Fortnite patch / update, Epic Games has introduced a new vehicle into game play. We have included a video from Epic Games below.
Quadcrasher (Battle Royale)
Propel yourself and a friend into battle with this new two-seater vehicle.
[td_block_video_youtube playlist_title=”Fortnite Quad Crasher” playlist_yt=”IJKlMrdEUsY” playlist_auto_play=”0″]
Quad Crasher Details Fortnite
- Seats two players.
- You build boost just by driving. Unleash that speed with the hotkey once you’ve filled your boost meter.
- Smash through buildings while boosting.
- Boost off ramps or cliffs to catch sick air.
- Launch players into the air by smashing into them.
Fortnite In-Game Tournaments (Battle Royale)
Fortnite Battle Royale has now introduced into FNBR Gameplay the ability to compete in online competitions via a new ‘Events’ tab available in game. This tab will host a variety of online competitions which are open to everyone. Below are some highlights as well as an accompanying video.
- Each tournament has a series of scheduled dates and times that the competition will be run. A carousel of all upcoming competitions and times will be available for browsing, so you can plan and practice.
- Every scheduled session is a completely clean slate with all players starting on an equal footing at the beginning of play.
- Compete over the course of several hours to earn points by eliminating multiple opponents or surviving against the competition.
- Players are matched against opponents with similar scores during the session.
- Score enough points during any scheduled event session and you’ll earn a golden pin for that tournament!
[td_block_video_youtube playlist_title=”Fortnite In Game Tournaments Battle Royale” playlist_yt=”3zSjJS2vSMA” playlist_auto_play=”0″]
Fortnite Weapons and Items Patches / Updates
- The Port-a-Fortress has been disabled as we work to resolve some issues related to this item.
- Drop rate for Port-a-Fort increased from 3.05% to 4.89% while Port-a-Fortress is disabled.
- The goal is to keep the drop rate of Port-a-Fort the same as if both items were enabled to help with the completion of Challenges.
- Guided Missile no longer fires the wrong direction
- Players will no longer permanently attach to a Supply Drop when grappling to it.
- Attempting to fire while reloading the Double Barrel Shotgun will no longer interrupt the animation.
- Weapon equip animations no longer skip when simultaneously attempting to sprint and target.
Fortnite v6.10 Gameplay Updates / Patches
- You can now view and change Edit Controls separately from Combat and Build Controls in the controller menu.
- PS4 controller lighting will match player marker color.
- You can now set building mode sensitivity for controllers in the options menu. It is a multiplier on the default controller sensitivity and allows up to a 2x increase.
- Controller sensitivity slider in the options menu now allows for more than 10 values.
- Added an option to Builder Pro that allows for building as soon as you switch to the piece, instead of selecting first and then placing. This allows for faster building without a preview.
- Added an option that allows for edit hold timing to be adjusted.
- Opening the Emote Picker with a controller will happen when the button is released, while holding the button will replay the emote that was last played.
- Fixed inconsistencies with the damage trap not triggering properly.
- Allow slight movement when using a consumable with Sprint by Default enabled. This will help match how it works without Sprint by Default enabled
- Fixed problem with character orientation getting stuck after falling off the island in a vehicle.