Latest Update to Fortnite v7.10 Overview
Epic Games released Fortnite patch v7.10 earlier today. In this patch, Epic introduced the “14 Days of Fortnite” that will begin tomorrow, December 19th. This is a Limited Time Mode (LTM) that will include LTM’s from previous seasons as well as new ones. It appears they will go as far back as Season 1.
Epic Games summarizes the 14 Days of Fortnite as follows:
The 14 Days of Fortnite event will feature both new and returning LTMs. Large team modes switch every two days and small team modes rotate every 24 hours.
Starting December 19, log in each day at 9 AM ET(1400 UTC) to find out which modes are available to explore. Let us know which LTM is your favorite on our social channels!
Other Exicting 14 Days of Fortnite Details
But that’s not the only thing, new changes to the map, an introduction to the Snowball Launcher and a holiday-lit Legendary Bush are also some items coming in the update.
In addition to these changes, the 14 Days of Fortnite will feature new challenges and events that will come with FREE rewards every single day of the 14 day event. New and returning LTM’s will be appearing daily as well as new Christmas / Holiday themed items introduced into the Fortnite Item Store.
Fortnite V7.10 Weapon and Items Changes
The “14 Days of Fortnite” is the most important part of the V7.10 update but Epic Games also details some other changes to Weapons and Items, with the Heavy Assault Rifle and Balloons undergoing the most changes.
Heavy Assault Rifle Changes:
- Reduced the effectiveness of the Heavy Assault Rifle while not aiming down sights; aiming down sight gameplay remains roughly the same
- Increased ADS accuracy bonus by 10%
- Increased accuracy while standing still by 10%
- Reduced vertical recoil by 6%
- Base accuracy reduced by 30%
- Reduced accuracy while jumping and falling by 60%
Improved Balloon controls:
- While in the air, Balloons can be released by pressing the ‘Crouch’ keybind(formerly the ‘Jump’ keybind).
- Players can again use Alt-Fire to release a Balloon when the Balloon item is selected.
- For modes it’s available in, the height at which glider redeploy is available has been decreased from 1000 units to 576 units.
- Fixed an issue where players were able to pick up live Dynamite through structures.
Fortnite Gameplay Changes
- Ground vehicles now slide on icy surfaces.
- Eliminations from “no-scoping” enemies with Sniper Rifles now shows up in the elimination feed.
- Sticking a landing on all 4 wheels with a vehicle will no longer damage the player inside.
- It’s now easier to pick up items dropped near a Mounted Turret.
- Stormwings now take 50% more damage from hitting objects.
- Boosting now reduces the damage taken from impacts by 50%, previously boosting prevented all impact damage.
- Damage done to players that are in a Stormwing when it’s shot down has been increased from 25 to 50
- Damage is dealt directly to health.
- Stormwings will now take more damage from destroying structures by running through them.
Gameplay Bug Fixes
- Holding a movement key while confirming an edit will no longer force the player to continue moving in the direction of the key they were holding.
- Mounted Turrets will no longer be briefly teleported under the map and then returned to their original location.
- Various Zipline fixes
- Zipline animations no longer briefly play every time a player jumps after building underneath a Zipline.
- Players should retain proper momentum when latching onto a Zipline. This will fix the issue where it appears a player is “jittery/rubberbanding” or receives a perceived speed boost immediately after latching onto the Zipline.
- Players will no longer lose the ability to sprint if they emote while on a Zipline.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to become detached from the Zipline right after seeing the animation above their head.
- The Zipline pulley will no longer remain in the world after eliminating a player while they were riding on it.
- Fixed an issue where players would get flung across the map.
- Added sounds and effects when a ziplining player smashes through structures.
- Improved attach collision around Ziplines.
- Fixed regressions with the “Auto Pick Up Weapons” option
For all other changes and updates released in the latest Fortnite patch V7.10 update, visit Fortnite’s news release here.