Fortnite 7.40 Content Update: Driftboard, Infantry Rifle, Driftin’ LTM, And More
Epic Games has released a new content update for Fortnite on PS4, Xbox One, PC, Nintendo Switch, and mobile. The update introduces a new weapon and item, as well as a couple of Limited Time Modes (LTM). Undoubtedly the biggest addition is the Driftboard, which lets players “catch air, perform tricks, and imagine whole new ways to use the Driftboard in Creative mode.”
There’s also some fresh firepower in the form of the Infantry Rifle, which offers precision fire downrange. The new Driftin’ LTM is an opportunity to make good use of the Driftboard, as it has a racing element to its gameplay. If you’re after something a little more chaotic, Catch mode removes all guns, but leaves in grenades and other items that can be thrown at enemies. Take a look at the full patch notes below to see all the new content coming to Fortnite’s battle royale mode. You can head to the official Fortnite website to see what’s new with the Save The World and Creative modes.
Limited Time Mode: Driftin’
Gear up and grab a Driftboard from a Red Supply Drop, meet up with your team, then race to eliminate the enemies. Last team standing wins!
- Two teams of 32 players.
- All Chests and Ammo Boxes have been removed.
- Red Supply Drops fall all over the map, each containing a Driftboard, weapons, and ammo.
- Health and Shields slowly regenerate when riding on a Driftboard.
Limited Time Mode: Catch!
In this mode, all guns have been removed. The only weapons are grenades and other items that can be thrown or tossed. Get in there and throw the enemies back to the lobby!
- Available grenades/items:
- Smoke Grenades
- Remote Explosives
- Impulse Grenades
- Shockwave Grenades
- Chest spawns and Floor Spawns set to 100.
- Can only get consumables out of Chests, Floor Loot, and Supply Drops.
- Increase Supply Drops throughout the game.
- Faster circle times.
- Increased drop stack counts.
Weapons + Items
- Use weapons or consumables as you ride the slopes. Boost past the competition with electrifying speed. Loot and revive downed allies. All without ever getting off the Driftboard!
- Building is not possible while on the Driftboard.
- Can be found scattered all around the map.
Fortnite Season 8 is quickly approaching and although it remains unclear what Epic has in store for players, it seems the transition is going to have a big impact on the island. Players have been reporting earthquakes for a few weeks now and, more recently, cracks in the island have started to appear. It could be that Epic is planning to break off chunks of the landmass to mix things up a bit.
Although Season 7’s challenges have come to an end, there are now Overtime Challenges to do. They’re quite easy and completing 13 of them will unlock a free Fortnite Season 8 Battle Pass. The Overtime Challenges are currently set to expire on February 27, which has led to speculation that Season 8 could begin on February 28, though Epic hasn’t officially confirmed this.
Take a look at our complete Fortnite Season 7 challenges roundup if you still have outstanding challenges from the current season. The roundup compiles all the tips and guides we’ve written for Season 7’s tricker challenges, so you can use it to get them done quickly.
Content courtesy of Gamespot.com published on , original article here.