I am the (Fort)nite
Fortnite’s latest patch released earlier this morning and people quickly got to work on datamining the files. Hidden among all of the new tweaks are references to a potential Batman crossover event. Happening this weekend (just in time for Batman Day), players will be able to don the cape and cowl and unlock weapon skins themed around DC Comics’ most famous hero. So much for surprises, I guess.
There are numerous Batman-themed skins along with an “Explosive Batarang” and “Batman Grapnel Gun.” Tilted Town will be transformed into Gotham City and there will be numerous challenges focusing on lighting up the Bat-Signal and capturing the Joker. I imagine this will be similar to the Thanos event and players will transform into the Joker to torment opponents.
Here are the challenges found within the files:
- Deal damage to opponents with an Explosive Batarang
- Light up different Bat Signals outside of Gotham City
- Use a Batman Grapnel Gun in different matches
- Defuse Joker gas canisters found in different named locations
- Deal any damage to opponents within 30 seconds of using a Batman Grapnel Gun
- Light a Bat Signal, use a Batman Grapnel Gun and deal any damage with an Explosive Batarang
Epic usually updates Fortnite on Thursdays, so this event may be starting tomorrow. If it doesn’t, it will likely begin on Saturday, September 21, in time for Batman Day. I can’t believe there’s a holiday centered on the Dark Knight, but everything has a day to itself now.
Content courtesy of Destructoid.com published on , original article here.