Fortnite 13.40 Patch Notes – New Fortnite Update 2.79
Hey Noobs, Epic Games patch notes are hit and miss. No big deal, they are busy working on the game with their developers instead of hiring writers or PR, we get it. So for all you noobs that missing patch notes ruins your day, relax khed. Anyways, we have outlined a few patches and bug fixes below based on Epic Games Trello page, 3rd party websites, hacks and various Fortnite data miners.
Patch Release Date & Time
The Fortnite Season 13.40 Patch has NOT been officially announced yet, but it will likely be releasing on August 4th or 5th at 4 AM ET (08:00 UTC). It’s hard to determine the downtime but we guess less than 1 hour.
Unofficial 13.40 Patch Notes
Below are some details outlining possible updates, bug fixes, glitches and changes that have been added to the game and haven’t been covered by Epic.
A couple of new fish were leaked in the previous fish, the Mechanic Flopper and Battle Flopper. Mechanic Flopper could have something to do with vehicles, possibly repair a vehicle. The Battle Flopper, it most likely could give you armor or increase your damage, I highly doubt it though.
Some additional fish found in data miners files were the Thermal, Shield, Jelly, Hop, and Fire Flopper.
We are speculating about fish, however we do know their names, as mentioned above.
New Fishing Rod
With the new fish leaks, it looks like it’s possible we get an advanced type of fishing rod. This fishing pole may only allow you to catch certain types of fish.
New Double Barrel Shotgun
What looks to be a possibly new shotgun was found in the files. The weapon has a Clip Size of 4 but also consume 4 ammo per shot. It also has quite a bit of damage fall-off the further you get away from someone. This shotgun is very similar to one found in Save the World.
There’s a trap that was leaked with the code name FrostedTips. It deals 50 damage and has a reload time of 2.5 seconds.
Cars & Vehicles
Water is going down, more roads are now above water. Now is the time to add cars, however we think the odds are low. Most likely cars will be added the middle of August.
Reload V-Bucks Feature
Reload vbucks is feature that allows you to buy an exact amount, no more packs of vbucks. Could be they are waiting for the quarter to end to make their accounting easier.
Fortnite 13.40 Patch Bug Fixes
These were taken from the Trello that display all of the stuff that Epic is working on in terms of bugs.
- When playing on PC with a controller you will sometimes see a mouse cursor after certain actions.
Battle Royale Issues
- Due to to the Whirlpool disappearing near Hydro 16, they are changing the challenge from Week 1 to be “Deal damage within 10s of landing from the Whirlpool at The Yacht”
- There’s an issue with glider speed that after redeploying will sometimes move you slower, this should be resolved in the 13.40 patch.
- The issue that Landing at Frenzy Farm and The Yacht and finishing top 25 challenges may not be working if you’re playing Duos or Squads will be fixed.
- The XP bar will sometimes be visually incorrect when in a match.
- Ocean’s Bottomless Chug Jug had an issue where it couldn’t be picked up by another player if it was recharging.
- The Roboto font was broken on Billboards in islands.
- Rotating a a group of multi-selected items with grid snap was not correctly rotating the group of items based on the grid snap number.
- Renaming a device on console would cause the game to crash.
Save the World Issues
- The ‘Weapons: Super Powers’ quest does not track eliminations if they came from a Constructor’s Decoy and ROSIE abilities or an Outlander’s T.E.D.D.Y. or Shock Tower.
- Quest ‘Eliminate: Down with a Boom’ does not properly track Lobber eliminations in Blasted Badlands.
- The ‘Search and Rescue’ quest line may be missing the corresponding ‘Rescue the Survivors’ mission at the appropriate level.
- Certain new weapon perks are missing on new weapons.
- B.A.S.E often fails to appear in the trap wheel. This occurs more often if there are a large amount of floor traps in the player’s inventory.
- Elimination feed will sometimes not appear on the HUD.
- A yellow square appears when you level up.
- There’s an issue of being unable to throw a grenade while riding a Loot Shark.
- The Sail Shark Glider may have a yellow coloration when viewed on certain mobile devices.