'Call of Duty: Modern Warfare' Update 1.29 Adds Private Warzone—Patch Notes
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare update 1.29 is finally live on all platforms, but the 33GB download doesn’t offer much. Those with large groups of friends can take advantage of private Warzone matches, and that’s about it. Read the full list of changes in the patch notes, courtesy of an official Infinity Ward blog post.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare update 1.29 patch notes
- Ground War
- TDM Snipers Only
- Hardpoint Hills and Kills
- Shipment 24/7
- Shoot House 24/7
- BR Solos, Duos, Trios, Quads
- Plunder Trios
We’re excited to launch a beta version of Private Warzone matches! This requires various player counts to start the match and we have three modes available:
- BR – 50 players required to start (also has squad variations)
- Plunder – 30 players required to start (also has squad variations)
- Mini BR – 24 players required
Please share any bugs you encounter along with your feedback!
- Fix for a bug where, when reviving a fallen teammate as the round ends in Survival, users can become stuck in third person
- Fixed an issue where some players were seeing the error code: “HK:s=373408m=54293536:10635584”
- Fix for the Gaz Operator challenge where players are unable to complete the first objective in the Season 4 Gaz Operator Bundle Mission “win 3 Gulag fights as Gaz”
- Fix for an issue where officer challenges 90 – 100 have been resetting after completion, preventing players from getting the last Season 6 Emblem
- In the Safehouse Finale of SP, at the Killstreak Chopper checkpoint, when using the zoom button the camera will zoom in and out
- Players using the Juggernaut will not hear the drilling audio when hit by the Phlembotomizer throwing knife. This has been fixed
- Fixed a bug where the player could have the Spotter Scope effect when not ADSing with it by picking up 2 weapons while looking with the scope
- Fixed a bug where helicopters could spin and float in the air after progressing in Survival
- Fixes to help prevent players from going AFK in Gunfight
- LMGs, Sniper Rifles, and Marksmen Rifles will now rotate as intended in Gunfight
- Fix for an issue where players that die right before an HQ is disabled and watch the full killcam do not spawn in as intended
- M4 Tombstone: Fix for a bug where adding the .458 SOCOM or the 9mm Para 32-Round Mags removes them from the weapon model
- Tracer Pack: Sakura Edition- Maruyama – The dynamic icon appears to have a minor gap between the barrel and body of the weapon when the Compensator is equipped on the FTAC 13.5″ Compact barrel. This has been fixed
- To help with patch sizes and disk space, high-resolution textures will now be downloaded while playing, using On-Demand Textures Streaming:
- On-Demand Textures Streaming is located in the Options, under the Graphics tab and in the Details & Textures section.
- It will only kick-in for users playing with Texture Resolution set to High.
- It streams textures for Operators and Weapons.
- You can control the daily texture streaming limit and the size of your cache
- Fix for a bug where a Premium user with only Warzone installed, can select a trial on a MP map, which can result in a crash
- Fix for a bug where PC players were able to select a custom loadout in Snipers Only
- Fixes for an issue where some Activision account names were being applied to different profiles in the friends list
- Survival mode now has its own DLC package. To access Survival, a player has to install both Special Ops and Survival
- Fixes to help fight against weapon corruption while in Spectator mode
- The gas from the Gas Grenade can sometimes obscure or completely hide players from thermal scopes
- Fixed an exploit near the Lozoff Pass Metro Station
- Armored Royale: Fixed a bug where dropping a truck redeployment flare into the service entrance of the subway can cause the truck to parachute underground
- While in Plunder, players parachutes will now auto deploy to help prevent against exploits
- Fix for an exploit with the Durable Gas Mask
- Fixed an audio bug where no overheat audio was playing when using the minigun on the helicopter
- When the player is using Bumper Ping as their button layout, the player will be unable to switch between the Gas Grenade and EMP Blast, resulting in them only able to use the gas grenade. This has been fixed
- When sitting in passenger seat of a helicopter and using the minigun, priming a lethal while simultaneously switching seats will break the players viewmodel. This has been fixed
- Fix for a bug where players are unable to equip other War Tracks after selecting “Random”
- Removed Juggernauts from Bunker puzzles
Simply put, the only front-facing change in Modern Warfare update 1.29 that players are likely to notice is the addition of private Warzone matches. While this is certainly an interesting feature with regard to esports, however, we’re willing to guess most average folks won’t be able to find 24 friends to fill up a minimum-size lobby. Our personal hope is that, if this initial private match implementation does well, Infinity Ward opens up opportunities for very small groups or even solo lobbies for specific scenarios. Battle royales benefit greatly from players having a safe space to practice their rotations, so why not add that kind of feature here? Fortnite has had its Battle Labs for a while now, and Apex is currently running its combat-free Olympus Preview mode. Warzone could add something similar using this new framework.
Elsewhere in the patch, though, the changes are pretty inconsequential. It’s kind of a shame actually, because so many fans are waiting for the debut of the Butterfly Knife weapon. Activision confirms it’s technically included as part of this update, but it won’t be released this week. It’s inclusion certainly would have made this download a bit more exciting. For now, just enjoy those bug fixes.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is available now on PS4, Xbox One and PC.
What are your thoughts on Modern Warfare update 1.29 so far? Were you expecting more from these patch notes? Tell us in the comments section!
Content courtesy of Newsweek.com published on , original article here.