'Fortnite' Update 14.60 Adds Houseparty and New Creative Hub—Patch Notes
Fortnite update 14.60 is officially live, with Houseparty video chat support, more XP Extravaganza Challenges and a revised Creative Hub. Read all about it in our makeshift patch notes compiled using official Epic Games sources.
Fortnite Update 14.60 patch notes
Battle Royale Highlights
‘Fortnite’ update 14.60 adds full Houseparty integration with video chat. Read the patch notes below. ‘Fortnite’ is available now on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, PC and Android. Epic Games
- Venom Cup: November 18: We’ve saved the most menacing one for last…Venom! Bond with your Duo partner and take on a ladder of opponents in the fourth tournament of the Marvel Knockout Super Series. Place high enough and earn the terrifying Venom Outfit, We Are Venom Emote, Symbiote Slasher Pickaxe and Tendril Tote Back Bling ahead of release. Didn’t make the cut and hungry for round two? This time we’re giving players two opportunities in each region to test their mettle.
- The Creative Hub Expands: We’ve added new matchmaking portals to the Creative Hub powered by you—the community! Ranked according to the most popular and fastest-growing, creator-made Islands, these portals showcase genres like Combat, Variety Games and Practice matches. Jump in and discover the best of Creative. We’re also adding a new Creative LTM which cycles through a playlist of popular community-made games. Content will be rotated in regularly, so check back every few days for new experiences!
- Let’s Get Social: In this week’s update you’ll be able to SEE your friends’ faces while you play together. We’re introducing a whole new way to play using video chat powered by Houseparty.
- XP Extravaganza Part Two: The second batch of XP Extravaganza Challenges arrives this week! Get the squad together and take on these party-wide challenges to finish out the Battle Pass in style.
‘Fortnite’ update 14.60 adds a new Creative Hub and LTM to help creators get discovered. Epic Games
- You can now hide the Elimination Feed and mute Elimination Audio to encourage sneaky sniping!
- Updated the Hub Island portal layout to accommodate the recent updates to hub creator guidelines.
Islands Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where the time of day lighting appeared differently on featured islands and personal islands.
- Added a new option to My Island > Settings
- Player Elimination Audio: Off, On (Default: On)—causes eliminated players to be despawned silently.
- Added new options to My Island > UI
- Hide Elimination Feed: Yes, No (Default: No)—completely hides the elimination feed during the game.
- Hide Party Eliminations: Yes, No (Default: No)—hides the number of eliminations for each party member in the Party UI during the game.
Gameplay Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where an eliminated player could spectate a player on the enemy team.
- Fixed an issue where Team Size did not limit the number of players when Join in Progress was set to ‘Spawn Next Round’.
- Fixed an issue where the sky would flicker on PS4.
Weapons and Items Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where the X-4 Stormwing was de-synced after player interaction.
- Fixed an issue where husks did not fall off edges to follow players.
Creative Tools and Phone Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where players could not open the Creative Inventory after cutting and pasting a device.
- Fixed an issue where the Creative Inventory appeared distorted when customizing a device.
Prefabs and Galleries Bug Fixes
- Fixed a collision issue with the pillar wall asset from the Princess Castle Wall galleries.
- Fixed an issue with the bush from Winter Variant Foliage Gallery A having a yellow glow.
- Fixed an issue with a bridge girder asset from the Steel Bridge galleries being difficult to place with the phone.
- Fixed an issue with some of the Steel Bridge prefabs & galleries placing outside of the preview boundary.
- Fixed an issue with the bridge street asset from the Steel Bridge set having a misaligned grid snap box.
- Fixed an issue with assets from the Swamp Cliff Gallery displaying the wrong texture.
- Added new options to the Class Selector device.
- Activation Audio: On, Off (Default: On)—allows the audio effect played when a player changes class to be muted.
- Zone Audio: On,Off (Default: On)—allows the ambient audio effect for the zone and the audio effects for players entering and leaving the zone to be muted.
- Added new options to the Mutator Zone device.
- Selected Team: None, 1-16 (Default: None)
- Affects Team: Selected, All But Selected (Default: All But Selected)
- These two options replace the old Safe Team option to allow the zone to affect all teams (Selected Team = None), just the Selected Team, or every team except the Selected Team.
- Selected Class: None, Any, 1-16 (Default: None)
- Affects Class: Selected, All But Selected (Default: All But Selected)
- These two options replace the old Safe Class option to allow the zone to affect all classes (Selected Class = Any), players without a class (Selected Class = None), just the Selected Class, or every class except the Selected Class.
- Update Selected Team When Receiving From: No Channel, 1-150 (Default: No Channel) – sets the Selected Team on the device to be the same team as the player who instigated the signal.
- Update Selected Class When Receiving From: No Channel, 1-150 (Default: No Channel) – sets the Selected Class on the device to be the same class as the player who instigated the signal.
Devices Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue with the Player Spawn Pad’s lighting being too bright on PS5 during mixed island filters.
- Fixed an issue where the Mutator Zone Class Selected option was offset by 1.
- Disabled voice chat cannot be re-enabled on Xbox Series X|S.
- Team Size setting does not properly function when Join In Progress is set to Join Next Round.
Save the World
- Wild West Llama not granting Steampunk weapon.
Fortnite update 14.60 is somewhat uneventful in terms of major features, but it has a few additions worth noting. Chief among them is full integration with Houseparty, which is an interesting prospect. Obviously there are lots of video chat options already available for Fortnite fans to use if they’d like to do so, but it will be exciting to see how the concept might be improved with help from an app that Epic actually owns. The implementation sounds easy enough to use, so it could be a fun way to bring the Battle Royale experience a little closer to home in these unprecedented times.
With regard to Fortnite Creative, 14.60 is one of the most substantial updates the player-driven suite has seen in a while. The brand-new hub and LTM in particular sound like great ways to ensure more of the community’s coolest maps get noticed by the wider public. While much of the responsibility has been on YouTubers to advertise the best codes, now we’ve got two new avenues to help unique ideas get noticed. The other adjustments made to sound muting are interesting, but, like all Creative updates, we’ll have to see how creators make use of it to really know how worthwhile the idea is. It certainly sounds like it could add a cool wrinkle to Snipers vs Runners, though. Overall, Fortnite update 14.60 amounts to an interstitial update to close out Season 4. It’s got some neat stuff, but we’re way more excited to see what comes next.
Fortnite is available now on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, PC and Android.
What are your thoughts on Fortnite update 14.60 after reading these patch notes? Will you use Housepartyvideo chat? Tell us in the comments section!
Content courtesy of Newsweek.com published on , original article here.