Chivalry 2 cross-play closed beta kicks off today
Developer Torn Banner Studios has opened the gates to the Chivalry 2 cross-play closed beta.
Starting today and running through Monday, April 26, Chivalry 2 players will have the first opportunity to experience the medieval battlefield with cross-play enabled.
This includes PC via the Epic Games Store, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.
If you are planning on picking the game up, now is the time to digitally pre-order, because you will gain automatic access to this weekend’s beta.
The Chivalry 2 cross-play closed beta content and highlights include:
- Cross-Play Across All Platforms: Cross-Play smashes the boundaries between PC and console, allowing players to face-off on the battlefield together, regardless of platform.
- Size Matters: Experience the chaos of epic medieval battlefields, charge forth to the frontlines of battle, and experience true mass-scale combat supporting up to 64-players designed to capture the intensity and scope of “The Battle of the Bastards” from Game of Thrones.
- Master Blade, Bow, or… Chicken: Your arsenal expands with the new subclass system that provides more variety than ever before. Four base classes expand to 12 subclasses, including the Skirmisher, a melee/ranged hybrid – to the Poleman, a fighter who keeps foes at bay with long-distance melee.
- The World is Your Weapon: Own the field with a variety of heavy siege engines including Ballistae, Catapults, Trebuchet, Battering Rams, Mantlets, Spike Traps, Ladders, and more. Utilize traps to defend, including spikes, bear traps, and more. You can even deal damage with a smorgasbord of “found items” on the battlefield. Try downing a cup of mead and deal a killing blow with the empty chalice or finish off a foe by smashing him in the face with a flaming chicken.
- New Map – The Siege of Rudhelm: In the first public hands-on of Chivalry 2 since PAX East 2020, experience the return of the fan-favorite Team Objective mode and join attacking or defending teams as 64-players vie for control of a well-fortified castle in a never-before-seen map.
- Many Modes: In addition to Team Objective mode, closed beta participants can also sharpen their skills in Team Deathmatch.
The game supports free cross-generational upgrades from current-gen versions when you upgrade to a PS5 or Xbox Series X/S.
It will release globally on June 8.
Content courtesy of VG247.com published on , original article here.